Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm gonna eat you!

Wowza.

B was just eating a snack of applesauce and pretzels, and I was thrilled that he offered to share the pretzels with me, so I started a little game and, man-oh-man, he JOINED IN!!!!

Me: Thanks for sharing, B! High pretzel (pushing pretzel toward him)!! Like a high five with pretzel!
B (hits his pretzel with mine, then looks at the pretzel): Hi, pretzel! :)
Me (laughing): Hi, pretzel!! I'm gonna eat you!
B: Fi, fi, fo, fum . . . I'm BIG! I'm gonna eat you pretzel!! (eats pretzel with flourish).
Me (laughing in amazement).
B (getting another pretzel): Mommy, fi fi fo fum, I'm BIG!!!
Me: I'm gonna eat you pretzel!

A bit later:

B (grabbing a broken pretzel, sliding it along table): Hey, Mommy, this is a pirate!
Me: Oh, it's a pirate ship?
B (giving me the pretzel): this is a pirate ship!
Me (singing): I'm a pirate ship and I'm sailing on the ocean . . what's that I see there? It's a great white shark!!
B (PICKS UP HIS SPOON, "SWIMS" IT OVER TO THE "PIRATE SHIP" AND "CHOMPS" THE SHIP!!!!)
Me (stunned!) Then, "naughty, naughty shark!"

We do it again. Then I take the napkin holder and fish for the shark/spoon, catching him, throwing the spoon off the table.

B: Mommy, shark fell down!

So awesome. Then we pretend to be great white sharks and creep/crawl into the living room to attack daddy.

Like I said, WOWZA.

3 comments: